11 Best Cast Iron Waffle Makers
Although switching to a Cast Iron Waffle Maker may seem like a big step backward if you’ve been using an electric one, there are many reasons why this can be even more convenient. First off is the fact that they don’t require electricity – so in theory at least! Secondly, it’s easy enough with any stovetop or campfire cooking setup as well as gas appliances too which makes them ideal for those outdoorsy types looking to make some tasty treats on their next camping trip.
When it comes to waffles, everyone has their own preference. Some people like them crispy and buttered while others prefer a softer texture. The best way to get the perfect waffle is with a cast iron waffle maker. These appliances are durable and long-lasting so you won’t need to worry about buying another one for years. We’ve done our research and found 11 of the best-cast iron waffle makers on Amazon that will let you make your ideal breakfast every morning.
List of 11 Best Cast Iron Waffle Makers Reviews
1. Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- This design is designed with a wrap-around channel to catch any excess batter. This unique feature prevents any batter from overflowing or leaking, so it can be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- 7 different shade settings are available to cook your waffles here at Diaper. Choose from a lighter or darker setting to get the perfect flavor and crispiness.
- With the Chefman Anti-Overflow Waffle Maker, there are endless recipe options to create delicious breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Create waffles like the classic chocolate chip, banana nut, oatmeal, pizza, and cinnamon roll.
- This extra-strong non-stick coating is perfect for easy cleaning. It’s gentle enough to be used on both the exterior and interior plates and can be stored in a vertical position for easier space-saving storage..
- The Chefman RJ04-AO-4 assurances product is ETL approved with advanced safety technology and 1-year assurance. It has an a700 watt power output and can last for up to 120 volts.
2. BELLA Classic Rotating Non-Stick Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- Belgian waffles can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home with a high-powered 1000-watt heating system. This maker can make up to 4 Belgian waffles in 10 minutes.
- This waffle maker is easy to use and has a variable browning control dial and rotating feature that allow for even & consistent browning. An indicator light signals when your waffles are ready to enjoy.
- The DURABLE & EFFICIENT waffle maker is a great choice for those who want an effective and durable appliance. It has a stainless steel design that is PFOA-free, and it comes with a dishwasher-safe drip tray for easy cleanup. The compact handle makes it easy to store, and the rotating function makes it easier to use.
3. Lot45 Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- The Lot45 Waffle Maker Cast Iron 6 in is a perfect way to cook waffles using the provided batter. You can close both lids and flip the waffle pan over so that it cooks on two different sides. Even if you’re not in the mood for cooking, pot holders make life a lot easier while cooking.
- When cooking breakfast with this camping cast iron waffle maker, use a campfire or gas stove. These sources of heat will help to cook the eggs and bacon quickly and evenly.
- The waffle maker pan is made from cast iron for even distribution and retention of heat. It’s lightweight so you can move it around easily. Cast iron comes unseasoned, which means it will not tarnish over time.
- The Cast iron Camp Waffle Maker measures 6 inches (15cm) in diameter, making it perfect for small grids of waffles. The handle measures approximately 4 inches (10cm).
4. Hamilton Beach 26031 Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- The Durathon Removable-Grid Belgian Waffle Maker is able to flip waffles quickly, making them thick and fluffy. This machine also has the ability to cook waffles in whatever shape you want- round, square, or triangle. Plus, its removable grid design makes it easy to clean.
- PTFE and PFOA-free ceramic grids are a great addition to your nonstick cookware collection. Durathon ceramic grids are four times more durable than traditional nonstick grids, won’t crack or peel, and are made of PTFE and PFOA-free materials.
- Dishes that are cooked on a nonstick waffle maker will be cleanable and easy to clean in the dishwasher. The grids and drip tray can also be removed for easy cleaning.
- With this adjustable browning control, you can make your waffles come out either light or dark. You have total control over how they turn out either with a golden brown exterior and fluffy inside or a light exterior and dense inside.
5. Cuisinart WAF-200 4-Slice Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker – Silver
- The perfect appliance for making Belgian waffles, the Cuisinart WAF-200 4-Slice Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker is a top-of-the-line option that has all the features you need to make your favorite breakfast food. The nonstick coated baking plates make it easy to create crispy, golden waffles, while the six-setting browning control ensures that every waffle is cooked evenly and to perfection.
- Plus, the recipe book included includes delicious recipes for Belgian waffles that are perfect for any occasion. Ready to Bake/Ready to Eat indicator lights mean that you don’t have to wait long for your delicious breakfast food – and that your kitchen won’t be left out of commission.
6. All-Clad 2100046968 99010GT Stainless Steel Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- The All-Clad 2100046968 99010GT Stainless Steel Belgian Cast Iron Waffle Maker is the perfect appliance for making crispy, fluffy, buttery waffles. With 7 adjustable levels of toasting shade, you can customize your waffles as crispy as you like them. Automatically alerts you when you need to pour batter or when your waffle is done. Coated with a PFOA-free nonstick material that helps waffles slide right off. Makes 4 square-shaped waffles at a time.
- Belgium is the land of waffles, home to over a dozen varieties of the crispy, fluffy, breakfast treat. And with this Belgian Waffle Maker, you can enjoy up to 4 waffles at a time without the mess. The nonstick surface ensures that waffles release smoothly and easily. The temperature control knob allows you to choose the perfect level of doneness, while a countdown timer and audible beeps keep track of time. And with the included drip tray, you can catch all the batter drippings for easy clean-up.
7. Cuisinart Cast Iron Waffle Maker, Stainless steel
- The Cuisinart Cast Iron Waffle Maker is the perfect addition to your kitchen. This waffle maker produces deep-pocket 1-inch Belgian waffles with a cord length of 36 inches and a browning control knob adjustable to 6 settings for custom cooking from light to dark. The easy-to-handle rotary feature for even baking on top and bottom makes it a breeze to cook golden, delicious, deep-pocketed waffles in minutes.
- The 1000 watts of power means that you can make waffles that are crispy on the outside but fluffy and gooey on the inside, satisfying any craving. And the nonstick coating means that all your food will stay crisp and clean while in storage.
8. NordicWare 15040 Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- The NordicWare 15040 Cast Iron Waffle Maker is the perfect appliance for your next waffle craving. The compact, easy-to-store design makes it easy to take care of, the seven-inch cooking surface means delicate and crisp waffles are always on offer, and the included recipe makes it easy to get started.
- Just look at this old-fashioned Belgian waffler and you can smell the aroma of crisp browned waffles awash in berries and whipped cream or run with melted butter and syrup–surely it’s a trick of the memory. Making four of those deep-pocketed beauties at once with this waffler is no trick, though. Simply preheat the cast-aluminum waffle maker on a gas.
9. Nordic Ware Sweetheart Cast Iron Waffle Maker
- The perfect way to start your morning is with a delicious, heart-shaped waffle from the Nordic Ware Sweetheart Cast Iron Waffle Maker. This stovetop iron makes beautiful heart-shaped waffles for special morning meals that are cooked to perfection on the spot using these extra-deep pockets to capture butter, syrup, fruit, whipped cream, and more.
- This waffle maker is based on the popularity of this Belgian Waffler, which is a perfect way to start your morning. It has five 3.5 Inch cavities that make it easy to cook waffles that are delicious, soft, and fluffy. Plus, it has an SPF 30 for sun protection and a non-greasy feel because it uses non-waxy cooking oil.
10. Cuisinart Cast Iron Waffle Maker, Double Belgian, Stainless Steel
- The Cuisinart Cast Iron Waffle Maker is a top-of-the-line waffle maker that features a unique 6-setting browning control knob and 2 LED-ready indicator lights. It comes with an ironside griddle that makes it perfect for making Belgian waffles, and a nonstick coating for quick food release.
- Its dimensions are 15. 50 L x 9. 75 W x 9. 30 H inches and it has a cord length of 36 Inches. The Cast Iron Waffle Maker also features a 2 LED ready indicator light and 3 audio beep tones to indicate when each waffle is done. 1400 watts of power will make your waffles come to life, making them perfectly golden and crispy.
11. Rome Industries Old Fashioned Cast Iron Waffle Maker, Black
- The Rome Industries Old Fashioned Cast Iron Waffle Maker is a must-buy item. Built to last. Great item to Give as a gift. On a quest to replace Teflon in my kitchen I stumbled across this amazing product! I’m a chef for a 5-star restaurant and, while I purchased this for home use, I’m in love.
- After a thorough seasoning process (boiled in salt water to remove the wax coating, towel-dried, brushed on a layer of flaxseed oil, and placed in the oven on broil for 20 minutes) this cast iron waffle maker was ready for testing! I made a 50% whole wheat batter and placed both sides of the iron-on two different burners on my stovetop over medium heat.
Tips and guide to buying the best Cast Iron Waffle Maker
When looking to buy a cast iron waffle maker, there are a few things you need to take into account. Here are some tips to help you choose the right one for you:
The size of the waffle maker is very important because you don’t want it to take up too much space on your counter. There are two sizes available: single and double, so choose according to how many people live in your household or how often you plan on cooking them.
The best-cast iron waffle makers are made of the highest grade materials. This means they won’t be flimsy or too heavy to make evenly sized waffles every time. Not only will this improve your morning routine, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that your appliance won’t break down after a few uses.
If you want to buy a cast iron waffle maker with the most variety of styles, then Amazon is definitely your go-to. It can be difficult when buying offline because with so many models available it’s easy to get confused. Nowadays even the basic appliances have added elements that improve how they look or perform, so consider what features are most important to you before making your final choice.
As we mentioned before, cast iron waffle makers are one of the most durable kitchen appliances you can buy. This is something you definitely want to consider if you’re looking for an appliance that will last you years. Plus, with a little bit of TLC (mainly keeping them clean and dry), they’ll look as good as new each time you use them.
After cooking with a cast iron waffle maker, it’s important to keep it in excellent condition so that it doesn’t rust and last you for years – just like when you first bought it. To maintain your appliance simply clean using hot water and soap, rinse and dry thoroughly before storing away. You should do this after each use, no matter how short.
Cast iron waffle makers can be used for more than just making breakfast. They’re perfect for camping trips, barbecues, and other outdoor events where you’ll want a delicious snack to keep everyone happy. Plus, they’re really easy to use so anyone can make them – even if you’ve never cooked with cast iron before.
Tips for using your Cast Iron Waffle Maker
Once you’ve got your cast iron waffle maker home and ready to use, it doesn’t take much to get started. Here are some tips on what settings to use and how best to do so:
- The quickest way we know of to heat up a metal appliance is through hot water. Fill it up in the sink until the water reaches halfway then pour it back out. This will help your cast iron waffle maker heat up faster.
- The best way to get the most evenly sized waffles is by pouring your batter into the center of the appliance. Once you’ve done this, slowly move it around in a circle so that it covers every inch of the cooking surface evenly. You can slightly lift up your waffle maker once you’ve poured in the batter to let any excess drip off before shutting it and letting it cook for a few minutes on medium-high heat.
- As mentioned in the tips above, regular cleaning is very important if you want to maintain your cast iron waffle maker for years. To clean, use hot water and dish soap then rinse and dry thoroughly before storing in a cool dry place. This will ensure it won’t rust when not in use.
FAQs about a Cast Iron Waffle Maker
How do you make waffles in a cast-iron skillet?
To make waffles using a cast-iron skillet, you will first need to season it properly so that it doesn’t stick. Once your cast iron skillet is seasoned you simply need to pour in the batter and let your waffle maker do its thing.
Can I use a cast iron waffle maker on a glass top stove?
Whether you can make waffles using a cast iron waffle maker on a glass top stove depends on the type of stove you have as well as its thickness. If they don’t match up, it is possible that your appliance will scratch or damage your stovetop – something we absolutely want to avoid!
Why do my waffles burn easily when making them in a cast-iron skillet?
There are many reasons your waffles may burn easier when cooking them in a cast-iron skillet. One of the main ones is that you’re not following the instructions to ensure it’s seasoned properly before use. Ensure your cast iron waffle maker is fully seasoned and if this doesn’t work then switch to a lower setting that won’t burn your food as much.
What should I do if my cast iron waffle sticks?
If your cast iron waffle stick, it can be removed using a spatula or scraper once cooked on one side for about 5 minutes – but please make sure to clean thoroughly first! This will ensure easy removal from the appliance without ruining or scratching it.
Can I use a cast iron waffle maker on my induction stovetop?
That depends on your stovetop. If your induction stovetop is not too thick, then it’ll work just fine. However, if it is very thick or has a glass top you will need to use another cooker as the cast iron waffle maker won’t be able to reach high enough temperatures on an induction stovetop.
Conclusion for cast iron waffle maker
Cast iron waffle makers are a great addition to any kitchen and with a little know-how, you can make the perfect waffles every time. Season your cast iron skillet or waffle maker properly before use, follow the cooking instructions closely, and clean thoroughly when finished for best results. Now that you’re a pro, get out there and make some of your favorite breakfast delights.
With so many options on the market, it can be hard to find just one that is right for your kitchen. We hope our list has helped narrow down your search and give you a few ideas about what features might work best with your needs. The 11 Cast Iron Waffle Makers we’ve highlighted are all worth checking out, so don’t hesitate. If not, take some time to think about which type of waffle maker will suit you best based on how often you want to use it and if there are any additional features or qualities that would benefit you most in cooking delicious breakfast foods. Once you figure this out, purchase whichever item seems like the perfect fit at an affordable price point from Amazon today.